Thursday, January 8, 2015

With God, all things ARE possible

Romans 8:28-31 (KJV) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

OK, Titus got shoved to the background, again. This time it was because a Florida friend of mine shared one of those Facebook quizzes, and I just had to find out “What Bible Verse are You?”

Well, mine came back Romans 8:28, which our pastor preached on several weeks ago. This particular passage has always been one of my favorites, especially when you add verses 29-31 to the mix.

In fact, verse 31b,  If God be for us, who can be against us? is probably the most encouraging message in the Bible, at least for me.

Think about it, sinner that I am, if I am a believer in Jesus Christ, no one can come between me and Him. No amount of torment or toil or harassment can cut me loose from my Savior.

In fact, those who would intimidate and repudiate only makes my faith in Him stronger.

You see, I find myself turning to the Bible for solace when evil people admonish and attempt to destroy – evil people who profess belief in the same God I pray to every hour of every day.

Obviously these satanic individuals do not know God’s love or forgiveness. Obviously they do not believe what Jesus said about either. Obviously they are not Christians, because if they were, they would abide by His direction on such matters.

Remember the new commandment Jesus brought to this earth found in John 13:34-35 (NIV) “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

He had much to say about forgiveness too. Two verses that follow the Lord’s Prayer, to me, make it mandatory to forgive and forget. Do you know the verses? If not, Matthew 6:14-15 (NIV) “For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”

I really do not believe you can get any plainer than that, do you?

Love one another. Forgive one another. Live life as a follower of Jesus Christ. Can’t think of any better way to live out my days.

What about you? Do you love? Do you forgive? Are you a follower?

Think about it and live life according to His guidance. God expects it.

After all, with God all things are possible!

Until tomorrow – May God bless each and every one of you every day in every way. Amen.

No comments: