Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Pray for His direction

Saw this greeting card from GodVine on Facebook, and thought sharing its message would be a good one for today’s Retreat to Belief© blog post.

I know God has a plan.
I pray for direction to follow it,
Patience to wait on it, and
Knowledge to know when it comes.

Wow! This one hit close to home. I find myself looking for God’s direction on a daily basis. I must admit that patience is not my strong suit, but through His guidance, I seem to have more patience than I have ever had in the past.

Through Scripture, I know God has a plan. He said so in Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

I know too that he provides direction for our lives – Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV) Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Gardeners and farmers must have patience, so to must the faithful - James 5:7 (NIV) Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains.

I know that through prayer, I will have the knowledge only He can give. Because, as the disciple Matthew said in his Gospel Chapter 26, Verse 41 (NIV) “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

I know too that God provides the intelligence necessary to follow Him in our day-to-day endeavors. I turn to Proverbs 18:15 (NIV) for direction and discernment - The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out.

How about you? Do you know God has a plan? Do you pray for direction? Do you have patience to wait on His guidance? Do you have the knowledge so that you will know when His leadership is, just that, HIS leadership?

Yes? Great!

No? Then pray that His plan for you will be revealed through prayer, patience and knowledge.

My prayer for you is that God will bless you and keep you every day in every way. Amen.

 

No comments: