Thursday, May 7, 2015

Considering today's to-do list

Ever thought about your To-Do List? I sure have.

My list is a constant companion. It’s either on my phone or on my Snoopy calendar on the refrigerator door or even as a reminder from Alexa.

Everywhere I look lists, lists and more lists – lists that signal appointments, lists that reveal missing kitchen cupboard items, lists for the pharmacy, lists for a Menard’s trip, lists for a Walmart trip, lists for a Gordon’s Food Service trip – WHEW, that’s a lot of lists – agreed?

Probably should change the blog post lede to to-do lists (plural), instead of to-do list (singular). No, not probably – definitely.

I am guessing you who are reading this message have many, if not all of these lists yourselves. Quite possibly you have even more, although I hope not!

As I was thinking about all these lists, I ran across a list that I call – The Jesus Follower To-Do List. Now I have decided this list, with the scriptures I added to show Biblical instruction, is much more important than those mundane, and never-ending lists I just wrote about, so I am sharing this all-important list with you today.

Here’s the list:

1.    Walk with God – Galatians 5:16 (NKJV) I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh;

2.    Live like Jesus, loving God as He loved Him – Mark 12:30 (NIV) [Jesus said] “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength;”

3.    Listen to the Holy Spirit – Galatians 5:25 (NIV) Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit;

4.    Count your blessings – Ephesians 1:3 (NIV) Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ;

5.    Practice kindness – Acts 28:2 (NRSV) The natives showed us unusual kindness. Since it had begun to rain and was cold, they kindled a fire and welcomed all of us around it;

6.    Let go of what I can’t control – Proverbs 25:28 (NLT) A person without self-control is like a city with broken-down walls;

7.    Pass this on to encourage someone else – 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (AMP) Therefore encourage (admonish, exhort) one another and edify (strengthen and build up) one another, just as you are doing.

Why not take time to absorb this list of things to do in His precious name. Then follow the list’s recommendations. I am confident you will be blessed as a result.

After all, we are definitely on God’s to-do-list, right?

My prayer for you today – May God answer your prayers and keep you in His loving arms today and every day. Amen.

No comments: