Friday, June 5, 2015

Invest in goodness



Goodness is the only investment that never fails. 
Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Peter, one of the original disciples of Jesus spoke about goodness, and how Jesus called us through His goodness.

1 Peter 1:3-8
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

As Peter said, we should “make every effort” to add goodness to our faith.

Are you adding goodness to your faith? Do you practice self-control, perseverance and godliness?

I know I fail miserably at these tasks on more days than I care to confess, but, I do try every day to be the person He requires me to be – the person who picks up my cross daily and follows His instructions to live life as a 24-7 committed follower of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I challenge you today to make the commitment to life as He intended. I challenge you to pray the Prayer of Salvation, which you can find at www.RetreatToBelief.com, and then do what you have committed – Follow Him.

My prayer for you today is that you will accept Jesus and that you will follow Him. Why? Because tomorrow may be too late. None of us are guaranteed the next minute, least of all the next hour or day on this earth. Amen

No comments: